The Foundation raised money during the 2019-20 school year to be able to purchase the following items for the Walton community during the 2020-21 school year. Because a large part of our contributions hire teachers, we must fundraise a year in advance, so that teachers can be hired for the next year. Every spring/summer, the Walton Administration decides on how best to implement Foundation funds to reduce class sizes and to offer more course options while examining the master schedule as it is being created.
Thank you all for your generous donations! Below is a summary of the allocation of funds from the 2019-20 Foundation Campaign for Walton High School that has and is planned to be applied to the 2020-21 school year:
- The Foundation is paying for two full time teachers for the 20-21 school year in Math and Language Arts. These teachers impact every student at Walton by decreasing the class size and offering more class options for students.
- We are also providing funds to allow for an extended day for the Intro to Business course.
- We will provide funds for the school administration to purchase various items and supplies needed to respond to the current pandemic. We will especially need your help in this rather large and unexpected endeavor.
- We will purchase hand sanitizer refills for the stations that are located throughout the campus as needed.
- We will pay the expenses to continue the Call to Conversation sessions.
- We provide teacher luncheons to support and celebrate our wonderful teachers.
- We will fund various teacher grants through your Publix and Kroger rewards program.
Without your support and donations, we would not be able to continue to help Walton be the amazing high school it is. Thank you!