The Foundation raised money during the 2020-21 school year to enable the Walton Administration to hire extra teachers to reduce class size for this school year (2021-22). Because a large part of our contributions hire teachers, we must fundraise a year in advance, so that teachers can be hired for the next year. Every spring/summer, the Walton Administration decides on how best to implement Foundation funds to reduce class sizes and to offer more course options while examining the master schedule as it is being created. However, we also raise funds during the current school year, for the current school year for the various projects listed below.
Thank you all for your generous donations! Below is a summary of the allocation of funds from the 2020-21 Foundation Campaign for Walton High School that has and is planned to be applied to the 2021-22 school year:
- The Foundation is paying for one full time teacher, two half-time teachers, and one extended day teacher for the 2021-22 school year. These teachers impact every student at Walton by decreasing class size and offering more class options for students.
- The Foundation hired a commercial landscaping company to refresh the Walton High School’s campus landscaping over the 2021 summer. The goal is to have the campus looking great to embrace everyone for the new school year this fall.
- The Foundation maintains several gardens throughout campus.
- We will purchase hand sanitizer refills for the stations that are located throughout the campus as needed.
- We will pay the expenses to continue the Call to Conversation sessions. Call to Conversation are discussion groups among the students with administrators to discuss various issues that arise throughout the year.
- We provide teacher/staff luncheons to support and celebrate our wonderful teachers/staff.
- We will fund various teacher grants through your Publix and Kroger rewards programs.
Without your support and donations, we would not be able to continue to help Walton be the amazing high school it is. Thank you!