The Foundation raised money during the 2022-23 school year to enable the Walton Administration to hire extra teachers to reduce class size for this school year (2023-24). Because a large part of our contributions hire teachers, we must fundraise a year in advance, so that teachers can be hired for the next year. Every spring/summer, the Walton Administration decides on how best to implement Foundation funds to reduce class sizes and to offer more course options while examining the master schedule as it is being created. However, we also raise funds during the current school year, for the current school year for the various projects listed below.
Thank you all for your generous donations! Below is a summary of the allocation of funds from the 2022-23 Foundation Campaign for Walton High School that has and is planned to be applied to the 2023-24 school year:
- The Foundation paid for one full time English teacher, a part-time business teacher (Walton’s most popular elective) for the 2023-24 school year. These teachers impact every student at Walton by decreasing class size and offering more class options for students.
- The Foundation hired a commercial landscaping company to refresh the Walton High School’s campus landscaping at the start of the 2023 Fall Semester. The goal is to have the campus looking great to embrace everyone for the school year. They continue to help us throughout the school year when needs arise.
- The Foundation maintains several memorial gardens throughout campus.
- We purchase hand sanitizer refills for the stations that are located throughout the campus as needed.
- We pay the expenses to continue the Call to Conversation sessions. Call to Conversation are discussion groups among the students with administrators to discuss various issues that arise throughout the year.
- We provide teacher/staff luncheons to support and celebrate our wonderful teachers/staff.
- We fun
- d various teacher grants through your Publix and Kroger rewards programs as well as an anonymous donor.
Without your support and donations, we would not be able to continue to help Walton be the amazing high school it is. Thank you!