The Foundation raised money during the 2018-19 school year to be able to purchase the following items for the Walton community during the 2019-20 school year. Because a large part of our contributions hire teachers, we must fundraise a year in advance, so that teachers can be hired for the next year.
Thank you all for your generous donations! Below is a summary of the allocation of funds from the 2018-19 Foundation Campaign for Walton High School that was applied to the 2019-20 school year:
- The Foundation paid for four part-time teachers for the 2019-20 school year. These teachers impact every student at Walton by decreasing the class size in language arts, math and science classes. This has increased the effectiveness and frequency of writing assignments, classroom discussions, oral presentations, and science labs.
- We purchased hand sanitizer refills for the stations that are located throughout the campus.
- We purchased tables and chairs for the new gym dining area.
- We paid the expenses to continue the Call to Conversation sessions.
- We provided teacher luncheons to support and celebrate our wonderful teachers.
- We landscaped the Raider Valley Commemorative Wall.
- We funded various teacher grants through your Publix and Kroger rewards program.
Without your support and donations we would not be able to continue to help Walton be the amazing high school it is. Thank you!