- Allow at least 3-4 weeks for teachers to complete their recommendation portion of your college application!
- Students “invite” their teachers to upload and send letters of recommendation in two steps:
- Provide teachers with a copy of your “TEACHER RECOMMENDATION INFORMATION FORM” and include on the form the deadline date of your first application that requires their letter of recommendation.
- Make sure your college has been added to the “Colleges I’m Applying To” tab. Click on the Recommendation tab immediately below.
- IMPORTANT: ASSIGN YOUR TEACHERS TO SPECIFIC SCHOOLS, NOT “All Applications”.
- It is your responsibility to research which schools require a letter of recommendation on their website.
- If they do not ask for a letter of recommendation, they do not use it in the admissions process. DO NOT ASK YOUR TEACHER FOR ONE IF THIS IS THE CASE!
Adding Teacher Recommendation Requests on Naviance
Tracking Teacher Recommendations
Information provided by: Counselor, Betsy Alpert