Help Your Student Stay Healthy This Season
It's that time of year when illnesses are all around us. Here's an article from the CDC that covers ways to prevent getting the flu and other viruses. According to recent news broadcasts, Georgia has been hard hit by the H3N2 strain that leads to particularly severe symptoms.
1. Avoid close contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
2. Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
3. Cover your mouth and nose. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
4. Clean your hands. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Practice other good health habits. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
ENRICH - ENHANCE - PREPARE - SUCCEED
Using your donations, the Walton High School Foundation has purchased and installed several hand sanitizer stations throughout the new school.